Popular posts from this blog
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT Phase 2: Initial design overlays & concept
My initial overlay sketches to experiment with the site layout. I am still undecided whether or not to close North Place, the road running through the centre of the site. Although it poses constraints, it provides access for vehicles away from the main pedestrian entrance on the A4019, en route from the Old Town and Brewery Quarter. Currently, I am edging towards maintaining the ends of North Place road, providing vehicle access to the carparks, whilst opening up the centre to allow for pedestrianisation through the site. My initial concept is inspired by the ecology of the surrounding area - a bioregion that integrates with the local environment. Geographical features of the Severn and Avon Vales provide a foundation - rolling hills, low lying meadows and agricultural fields. The multi-storey carpark will feature a rooftop park imitating the undulating hills of the Cotswold scarp, blending with the north-eastern background view of Cleeve Hill. Whilst the ground plane (beneath the...
Rough sequential sketches
I've been working on creating a model in SketchUp to enhance my visualisations and transfer to Twin Motion. However, I decided to roughly sketch the placement of elements in sequential layouts as a backup plan in case I can't finish the model. It'll be intriguing to see if I've accurately positioned everything.

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment